Monday, April 10, 2006

Bands you need to know about...Part 1


The first artist that I would like to profile here is, in my opinion, poised to explode. The artist I speak of is Rocco DeLuca & the Burden.

I picked up the album after watching, of all people, Keifer Sutherland on the Late Show with Craig Ferguson. This album represents the first release from Sutherland and partner Jude Cole's Ironwoks Music. www.ironworksmusic.com

Usually I like to hear atleast one song off an album before I drop the cash. But, in this case, listening to Sutherland speak about DeLuca with such passion made me think that there may be something to this new artist.

Once the album was released I found myself driving around listening to it non-stop. A quote on the ironworks site says, "Rocco's sound naturally emerged as a soulful combination of blues and rock with honest, vulnerable lyrics backed with an unsurpassed inner strength." This quote is a perfect summation of the album.

Songs like "Gift", "Gravitate", and "Soul" all speak to the listener. Rocco's voice is strong yet gentle at the same time. I say that with no reservation. I usually shy away from male vocalists for one reason or another. But, Rocco has something that makes me keep hitting the play button my my car cd player, home cd player, and ipod!

For an album purchased soley on the TV talk show recomendation of a favoirte actor...I was shocked. From start to finish a soild album with soul and heart.

If you haven't heard Rocco DeLuca and the Burden...take my advice, pick up the album...listen... love...then tell all your friends about the great artis you "found" and see if they don't agree that you are a genuis for the find.

No comments: