Wednesday, December 14, 2005

It got me thinking....and that's a dangerous thing!

I have found that one of the single greatest forms of entertainment is covering local political meetings. No, really! I have recently gotten out of the studio at the radio station I work for and into the field...of journalism. Not that I have stopped with the on air role...actually haven't changed that at all...but I digress.

Covering local meetings makes me realize one thing. I have no ambition at this point in life to get involved with the democratic process. Take that as you will. But, I really have no interest in making any kind of a decision on the day to day running of anything! Frankly, I think the world is a little safer for it!

I mean really, I have a hard time deciding what movie to watch, what to eat for dinner, what "clean" shirt to wear! Do you really want me deciding how your tax money is spent?

I bring this up only because I have found myself covering no less than three county/city/school board meetings over the last four days. Which got me thinking.... Danger!!! Danger!!!!

I seem to remember that, as a child, my uncle had an astrologer "read me". Seems that kind lady saw a future in politics for me. Now I never took that much stock in such things...but, I was reading over the ten page "reading" she seems to have hit a few nails right on the head.

Now to the politics....I say that I have no interest, at this point, in getting involved in politics. Says the man with no political affiliation...who receives the Republican newsletter to get his weekly laugh!! But, I think that there may be a future there for me. Right now I think the main thing holding me back is the time commitment....and a total lack of interest. Caring should factor highly.

But, who knows, maybe in time I will get my head out of my proverbial ass and decide to do something meaningful with my life....if that day comes....look out local politics, I have all five season of the West Wing on DVD, along with the DVD of My Fellow Americans and a biography on John F. Kennedy..........what could go wrong?

No comments: