Monday, December 05, 2005

Holiday Music..that doesn't make me want to kill myself!

So...with the holiday season upon us I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who is already totally sick of "holiday" music. Seeing as I work full time at a radio station...I may be a little more sick than the next guy. (Since I really can't change the channel)

To get me through this time of year I have a select number of holiday songs that I like to listen to over and over...here is a list of these songs:

Tori Amos--Have yourself a Merry little Christmas
Bing Crosby/David Bowie--Drummerboy/Peace on Earth, the good version...the one with all the television banter left in!!!! (thanks to greymatter, at thechampaignofblogs for this one)
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds--The Christmas Song
The Kinks--Father Christmas (if you haven't heard this one...do so!!)
6pence none the richer--your a mean one, mr. grinch
Garth Brooks--The Gift
Garth Brooks--Go Tell it on the Mountain
any version of Baby, it's cold outside....Dean Martin, Hary Conick Jr., the version on the Elf soundtrack with Leon Redbone and the actress from the film...
The Normals--Oh Come, Oh Come....
Cheech and Chong--Santa and his old lady (not a song persay...but well worth a listen!)
Bob and Doug Makenzie--12 days of Christmas
Transiberian Orchestra--Christmas eve, sarajevo
Any and all Beatles X-mas songs...Feliz Navidad and Christmas Time is here again...
McCartney--Wonderful Christmas
Lennon/Ono--Happy Christmas (war is over)
Elton John--Step into Christmas
Jon Bon Jovi--Blue Christmas
Smashing Pumpkins--Christmastime

Those are just the tip of the iceberg....I am always looking for good contemporary Xmas songs.. Something to break up the rudolph's and frosty's of the world...Would love some input!

1 comment:

greymatter said...

Hey, I recognize a few of those songs! *laughs* Perhaps the influence of a particular "Platinum Christmas Hits" by a particular childhood chum had a wee bit of influence ;-)

And The Normals track is actually titled "Peace Child" and can originally be found on the Happy Christmas Vol. 2 compilation. The Sixpence rendition of the Grinch theme can be found there, as well.