Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Wizard...

All things in life eventually come back full circle. You have a crush on a star when you are young...eventually that person will find a way to invade your life later! You love a movie or tv show as a kid, hopefully, if you are lucky, it will return to you in some form.

Right now I am just a little geeked over this... my brand spanking new copy of 1989's geatest piece of cinema...THE WIZARD

Hard to believe it was almost 20 years ago that Universal Studios teamed up with Nintendo to bring us an hour and a half commercial on why the Nintendo was cool!

Two words for you: POWER GLOVE!!! (For the record about $15 will get you a power glove on ebay.)

Why do I love this movie so? Partly because it was the movie that told you..."if you play your video games a lot, and get real good, you could win money some day!" Sadly that didn't work out so hot for me!

But, there is also the fact that Jenny Lewis (via the Wizard) was one of my first on screen crushes!! ah....

Sadly it wasn't until recently that I learned her name! But, I do remember watching this move as a 10year old and thinking, "Wow! those games look cool! Hey, if I have to like a girl....that girl would be pretty cool!"

She could hustle at video games...she had a bunch of truck driver friends to protect her virtue!("That man touched my Breast!"...funniest line in the movie!") oh..and she is cute too!

Now I think it is a really funny that I have found a copy of this movie to slide into my collection. I think though that I will have to put it in a place of honor next to one of my favorite CD's right now....Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins (Rabbit Fur Coat).

Yes, little Jenny Lewis has grown up to be a damn fine singer, This album is fantastic from start to finish!

Oh, and on a side note the Watson Twins have a new cd out called Fire Songs also a great purchase!

I have been mildly obsessed with this album since my buddy Ryan turned me on to her about a year or so ago! Now to have this connection to something I loved as a child!...I can't contain myself!

Now if only I could meet her in person...I think I would die (happy)! So, Jenny...if you are reading this...Call me, send me an email, stop by the house in Phoenix!

No comments: