Thursday, August 20, 2009

Movies...movies...movies

12) Across the Universe (2007) -- Evan Rachel Wood, Jim Sturgess, Eddie Izzard
Beatles music redux...take all your favor tie Beatles tunes, mix in some fun acting ADD Eddie Izzard and you have a few hours of bliss..plus Evan Rachel Wood topless! The musical has made a comeback in the last few years...and this was a high point in my book. Eddie Izzard doing, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite was great! (DVD extras are a gas!!)

13) Adventures in Babysitting (1987) Elizabeth Shue also a little Bradley Whitford and Vincent D'Onofrio (as Thor)
Far and away one of my favorite movies as a kid. Probably one of my first crushes was Elizabeth Shue!! This was the movie that had me rooting for a cool baby sitter whenever my parents would got out. As an 8 year old I didn't really know that crazy stuff like this wasn't an option when you grow up in small town Illinois..and no one was taking us on an impromptu trip to Chicago. Still a great watch...and until I just checked IMDB I didn't know that Thor was Vincent D'Onofrio...fun stuff!

14) Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988) Eric Idle, John Neville, Uma Thurman, Directed by Terry Gilliam
Six words to consider when thinking of this movie: UMA THURMAN ON A HALF SHELL.... Terry Gilliam, in true form, gives us a story of uncommon story telling. To truly describe this movie would take more time and space then I am willing to use right now. So believe in the Genius of Terry Gilliam...revel in the performance of former Python Eric Idle...and gander on a young Uma Thurman in all her...um..Beauty!

Up next (whenever that is): After the Sunset, Da Ali-G Movie, Alien Apocolypse (the first of many Bruce Campbell flix!!!)

No comments: