Thursday, May 12, 2011

Fox Blocked...

Well, good tv (or mediocre but fun to watch tv) has died yet another sudden death over at FOX.

The network that brought you powerhouse shows like 24, House, Bones and American Idol has decided that some of it's shows needed to be turned out to pasture.

There was a long list of shows that were "bubble" contenders at FOX: Lie to Me, Human Target, The Chicago Code, Breaking In, Traffic Lights. Many assumed that a few of them would get another season. Personally I was holding out home for Human Target and Lie to Me to make it to a new year....sadly my choices didn't make the cut. But, neither did any of the other shows!

With Breaking In not getting picked up, or possibly finishing out this season, Christian Slater is now 0-3 (over three networks) for TV shows making it through a first season...let alone getting a second.

Human Target, a personal favorite of mine, also never found it's audience. Can't say this was much of a shocker to me. The show was bounced around for weeks at a time. For a few weeks Fox was burning off two episodes a night. Then it got pre-empted...never helps!

Lie to Me was always a solid show, but never really flashy or big on the ratings. Another causality of the Fox schedule. The three seasons of the show were broken up so strangely that it almost felt like there were four or more mini-season that ran.

Traffic Lights -- don't care, never watched it.

Chicago Code -- Well, I have mixed feelings on this one. While I am a huge Shawn Ryan fan I never got around to watching the show. So part of me is pissed that it got cancelled. But, part of me says I was a bit of the reason it never got the viewers! Guess I'll just save myself the time and pain and just delete the 13 episodes (or whatever number there were) from my DVR and forget about it.

On a bright note... it looks like the backdoor pilot for The Finder" was a success. According to Bones star David Boreanez's twitter account "the finder got picked up as a pilot as did a comedy staring Zooey Deschanel (sister of Boreanez's Bones co-star Emily Deschanel). In other good TV news, rumor on the internet has it that Chuck will get renewed for a fifth season!!

As the axe continues to swing at the networks where will the rest of my favorite shows fall? Is this the year that a CSI (not the original) gets canned? Do we lose a Law & Order spin off or two? Will the fact that Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior is still a Criminal Minds show be enough to get it to a second season?

Only time will tell....

No comments: