Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cub's...to this point.

30-44
I wish I could say that my goal of watching/listening to all the Cubs games this year was on schedule. But, sadly that is not the case.

As I said before I was pretty solid through about the first 40 or so games. But since then I have fallen off the proverbial wagon,  Not the bandwagon. I still love the Cubs and watch or listen at every chance. But, my simple plan of a quick blog update following those games has fallen off, way off over the last month or so.

When I last checked in the Cubs were 22-26, only four games under .500.  Oh what great times those were!! As of today's lose to the cross town rivals the White Sox the Cubbies are 30-44 (fourteen games under the .500 mark),

Things are looking better though after taking three of four games from the Brewers and playing close games with both the Yankee's and White Sox. The team seems to be heading in the right direction, But, the question is can Mike Quade and crew turn thing around heading into the All Star break to help make a run at the second half? I would like to think that things are looking up. Carlos Pena is hitting home runs, Carlos Marmol seems to be getting back to his old ways, Carlos Zambrano is his old reliable self (too bad the bullpen can't keep a lead for him), Once Barney and Byrd are healthy I think we have the change to make a run

No comments: