Saturday, November 19, 2005

Ever think....what the hell?

Here in the initial post I would love to give you an insightful look into the life that I lead...but, putting that on the web would only make me think twice about ever posting again! So here are a few insights...I split time working in the radio field and in customer service.

I won't mention the company...but there is a better than average chance that you have bought a cd/dvd/or game from this store...who's primary colors are blue and yellow!

I would guess that a large portion of the posts here will involve me dropping some sort of story about the real "winners" I deal with every day. If you think you have heard a handful of dumb questions at your job... you might just get a laugh out of this blog. God knows I probably have enough stories to drop one a day...but I am by no means that disciplined so there may be a run of weeks where you get some fine stories everyday, but then a week goes by that I don't step foot by the computer.

That being said....here is my disclaimer:
"If a story appears here and you think that you are the one portrayed... deal with it and realize that you are not the only dumb ass in the world who has done something, in public, that made people laugh at you!"

So now that we have coverd the bases I really believe that 60% of the people who walk through the doors to buy things at the store I work at shouldn't be allowed in public...let alone own things. Questions like: I am looking for this one song by that guy who was on the radio the other day! or the classic, "how do I get that on tape?" (now realize this is a person looking for an audio cassette....really what had a longer shelf life: audio cassettes or Laser Discs?

How about the people who are looking for the power cord to a gaming system....not because it was broken/chewed by the dog...but Lost! How the hell do you lose something that was plugged into the wall and the back of the unit? Is there really a family out there that is playing the "hide the power cord game"? I think that my family has some dumb games when I stop by..but really who goes around randomly unplugging items and then putting the power cord someplace else!

Not to blow my load here in the first post...but I need to share a phone call I got today:
Man on Phone: I am having trouble with my iPod...it seems that I can't get music onto the player.
ME: what is the problem?
Man: I purchased the iPod yesterday along with one of those pre-paid cards.
ME: ok...what is the problem????
Man: well, it keeps telling me that I still need to use a credit card to purchase music.
ME: **sigh** Sir have you entered the number from the back of the card into the store so you have the music credit????
Man: No, why would I? Shouldn't it just know that I purchased a card!
ME: No sir....the iPod is a very advanced mp3 player....but it isn't clarvoiyant!!

This may be the point that the guy realized that he was a total D.A. but in an attempt to save face he decided to argue with me for 10 min. in an attempt to make me forget that he may have asked the stupidest question that I have heard that day. I won't bore you with the rest of the conversation...but realize that if his point was to sound smarter...or make me forget the previous blunder....it really didn't work.

Well, if you haven't given up and are still reading...thanks for the time and effort...I think that if it wasn't for the Time Life Country Super Fest infomercial...this would have ended a long time ago. But, I can't find the remote and the computer is close at hand so random things may happen.
Time to sign off....have to save my energy for some Football and more fun filled work at the big blue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You commented that you were going to tell stories of your family. I have a crazy family myself and would love to see how yours compares ( or pales ) to mine.

JoeBradley said...

Time will tell how crazy my family is...but really the true crazies are the people I encounter working in retail..they are the ones that will provide the fodder for here.