Saturday, July 04, 2009

The Big Movie Project...

So after no activity on the blog for...well, almost a year! I have devised a project that may inject a bit of life back into this little corner of the internet.

I have recently finished a catalog of my movie collection (just over 700 movies and 260+ TV seasons). I have decided that what I am going to do is work my way through the movies from A-Z. After watching I am going to make a quick review of the movie.

Daunting task I admit...But, should be fun. Also, this will eliminate the need to spend 20 min. deciding what movie to watch! Now I have some DVD's that I have NEVER seen!! Those movies will be noted some special way.

With that being said---the fun has begun.

1) 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) -- Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles
For those with no patience for William Shakespeare this ones for you. Basically at modern take on "Taming of the Shrew". I wouldn't watch the movie in place of reading the play. But, it is a fun movie. Heath Ledgers first big US role could have led to him being in every big "teen" movie of the 90's. Seems Heath had a different view of his future film career and turned down many a teen script after this movie. Highlights--Heath's public display of affection over the PA system. Also, Allison Janney, David Krumholtz and a cast of other favorites!!

2) 12 Angry Men (1957) -- Henry Fonda, Jack Klugman
This is the movie that makes me sad that I have never been selected for Jury Duty. Basically, if you aren't familiar with the concept..this is a what goes on in a jury room film. After sitting through a murder trial, of a boy who killed his father, the jury returns to their SMALL jury room to debate the boys fate. You have clashes of age, culture, personality...and one of the greatest ensemble casts I have ever seen. Shot almost completely on one sigle room set piece that just increases the tension. Nominated for 3 Academy Awards for Best director, Picture, and writing!!It's a must see in my opinion

Coming up next: 13th warrior, 16 blocks, 21 Grams

4 comments:

NerdyArtist said...

Wow. Just wow. I can't even believe you have that many.

I'm curious as to what TV seasons you have. You have to have Doctor Who, right???

JoeBradley said...

only the first 2 seasons of Dr. Who...$84 a season gets a little expensive for my taste (plus I have a lot of them downloaded for my iPod.

Other tv shows:
24
Angel
Buffy
Dead Like Me
Torchwood
AquaTeenHungeForce
American Dad
Big Bang Theory
Black Adder
Black Books
Bones
Branded
Chips
CSI
CSI:NY
Clerks: animated series
Coupling
Cowboy Bebop
the crow
Dangermouse
Dead Like Me
Family Guy
Father of the Pride
Firefly
Fraggle Rock
Friends
Futurama
The George Carlin Sho
Get Smart
Ghost Hunters
God, the Devil & Bob
Greg the Bunny
How I met your Mother
Jack of All Trades
jag
The Job
Kitchen Confidential
MacGyver
Married with Children
Mash
Murphys law
My Herp
My Name is Earl
NCIS
Nash Bridges
Night Court
Numb3rs
Over There
Paranormal State
Psi Factor
Rescue Me
Sealab 2020
Secret Diary of a Call Girl
Sledgehammer
Smallville
Sopranos
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate SG-1
Studio 60 (on the sunset strip)
The Shield
The Simpsons
That 70's show
Titus
Trigun
Tripping the rift
WKRP
West Wing
Witch Hunter Robin

OK...so that was everything..not just some!!

NerdyArtist said...

Wow. Insanity!

I heard you're going back to IL. To live or to visit?

JoeBradley said...

Visit only! I have a friend who is getting married this weekend..so I am flying in for a few days (Fri-Mon) and then it's back to the grind in AZ