Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Movie project on hold...

So the movie project is on hold for about a week while I pack and relocate when not at work! But, I did think that I needed to fill a post here with my observations on air travel.

This short collections came to mind after a quick flight back home to Illinois for one of my best friends weddings this last weekend.

No matter where I fly to or from there is a collection of comedy observations that end up making me look like a fool when I fly. These are just a few of those moments:

The BBC show Coupling has an all time favorite of mine...when they are going through the preflight security breifing they use "the two most optimistic words in the English language"-- Breathe Normally, to let you know what to do should the cabin lose pressure!

Dennis Miller (I believe) once stated that he didn't like to us the little A/C vents above the seats because "I feel like I'm diverting power from the main engines"

Personally...I don't feel you should be allowed on a plane if the idea of a Seat Belt has to be explained to you!!

Eddie Izzard makes me chuckle on his whole Bird Strike/Engine suck bird in make soup debate.

Someone once asked me which part of flying makes me more nervious...Take-offs or Landings. My response is which phrase do you hear associated more often with Plane crashes. "The Plane, upon landing..." or "Shortly after take off!" ??

Also, when advised to "move calmly to the neares exit" I can't help but think that Hollywood has it right...I will be over the seat and stepping on people at a moments notice!!

Finally an observation from my recent flight from Peoria, IL to Mesa, AZ -- A guy a few seats back stated, when told that his seat bottom could act as a flotation device..."If we hit a big enough body of water between here and Mesa where I have to worry about floating...odds are I'm going to survive this thing!" Not sure why that made me laugh...but it did.

So, basically from the moment I walk onto the plane until the time I am on the ground I am a laughing fool...and it's EVERY flight. Also, if given the chance fly a local airline out of a small airport...it's better than the big airport feel. Which leads me to another observation...if you are flying out of an airport so small that there is only two doors Arrivals and Departure to the place and only one baggage claim carousel..CHECK YOUR BIG ASS BAG rather than trying to force it into the overhead space. Plus if you fly a smaller carrier like I did, (Allegiant air) you get the chance to do fun things like play a mid air raffle for cash!! Lost the flight out (take home of $400) won the flight home (take home of $45).

Nuff said...back to work now!

No comments: