Friday, December 28, 2007

Entertainment Outlook 2008

I was just reading an article about one of the most anticipated movies of 2008 that you may or may not have heard of....

Cloverfield........

The brainchild of J.J. Abrams will be released on January 18th, 2008.....and as of now there isn't really a lot of information out there on this one! Which in this day and age is kind of refreshing.

What we do know is that according to an interview that the "Lost" genius gave at this year's Comic Con this is will be a uniquely US monster movie!

This won't be your dad's Godzilla....or hell your Godzilla. Sorry Matthew Brodrick! Although I do like that version...if I would feel the need to appoligize to anyone in the film for how bad it did my appology would go out to Jean Reno (The Professional).

This is going to be a knock down drag out old school monster movie with a '08 mentatility, and I don't even know what that means!.

You may remember seeing the previews before last years "Transformers"...if you were like me then you totally forgot about that trailer. It made no sense, offered little in the way of plot, and most importantly.......HAD NO MOVIE TITLE! Just, Coming 01.18.08

Brilliant to a point, but a kind of disaster to be honest....I was looking forward to finding out more on the movie at the time, but, with no title to go off of the thougth just slipped my mind.

Now I would have to say that it is up there on the list of films that I am looking forward to in 2008.

Others;

*Iron Man -- Downey Jr. is going to bring the Superhero movies to a new level
*Batman: Dark Knight -- Speaking of Superheros....if you have seen the trailer to this one I have two questions...
1) How great is it to see a franchise rise from the ashes the way Batman has?
2) Is Heath Ledger Channeling the spirit of (very much still alive) Jack Nichalson?
*In Bruges -- Colin Farrell and Brendon Gleeson (Harry Potter) working the comedy, priceless!
*Rambo -- Sadly I really want to see if Sly has another action film in him...I held off on Rocky Balboa. I guess if I am going to be let down, I may as well have it be in the film franchise that I care about.

I am sure that there are plenty of other films that look good...but these are the five that I have marked on my calander.

No comments: