Friday, December 28, 2007

The "Fame Game"



Random Musing of the day....

How famous do you have to be to have your death moved from a Murder to and Assassination?

John F. Kennedy - obvious
Abe Lincoln - obvious
Benazir Bhutto - obvious

2Pac and Biggie -- ???
John Lennon -- ???

What is the impact level that your life must have in order to move from "just being another murder victim" to being assassinated? The news today of Former Prime Minister Bhutto assassination got me thinking on this subject.

In my mind, world leaders should be the only ones who get the assassination tag. Unless you are a "mega celebrity" who is killed while doing charity work....you were just unlucky enough to get killed.

I would have to say that the underlying criteria for being a victim of an “assassination” are as follows:

1) Did you lead, or have your own Country?
2) If killed will your death lead to the total collapse of a government, or economy?
3) Will your death alter the foreign policy of one or more countries?

If you are able to answer yes to any of the above three questions...then congrats…history will probably remember you as having been assassinated....GOOD FOR YOU!

More questions:

1) Will your death lead to a higher profit margin for a record label or movie studio?
2) Will most of your mourners be “friends” on MySpace or Facebook?
3) Did you ever have/star in a reality TV show?

If you answered yes to any of the above three questions…if history remembers you they will be talking about your Murder…not assassination!...Remember, your mom still thinks you're important, and that's something.

I guess you could call this a mini blog run…I go months without post and now two in three days! I may be on to something here…let’s see if I have it in me to blog on current events everyday. I would set the over under at just about a week and a half until I stop!

No comments: