Friday, November 12, 2010

WWMD?


WWMD? WWMD? What would MacGyver Do?

What's the way to find the answer to some of life's toughest questions! All you need to do is be ready with a Swiss Army knife, duct tape and maybe a pack of matches.

Violence was always a last resort and never involved a gun. Granted that man made a lot of crap blow up over the years.

I always wondered what it would be like to look at a room and say, "well, if I can get that block of ice to melt into the lock by heating it up with a light bulb and a section of molding then the ice will freeze in the lock and expand. Once that happens the lock will pop open and we'll be free!"

In reality I am more likely to just sit down and wait to die! Or possibly try to beat the door down with whatever happens to be lying around! Never been a fighter myself. Never really been put in a position to find out what would happen.

But, enough about me...back to MacGyver. For a guy who always preached doing the right thing I wonder how many times during the course of the series that Mac could have been arrested for breaking into a building or office or destroying property. I'd also like to know what the final death toll was on the show?

Granted most of the deaths were at the hands of others...I'm guessing it was fairly high.

Speaking of killers and MacGyver...name me one TV bad guy who was better at being bad than Murdoc! I dare you. Michael Des Barres was fantastic in the role of the impossible to kill hit man. FYI--glad to see he's still getting some high profile exposure. (he's white haired guy on the boat in the new Nikon commercial with Ashton Kutcher)  I was always shocked that when they did the final two TV movies they didn't bring him back for some kind of closure for the character.

Now, as I'm almost done re-watching one of the few shows I liked as a child/young adult that has remained a favorite (or as I like to say hasn't suffered from Thundercats Syndrome) I now have to look for something else to take up my lunch hour at work. I think I should find an older show...or maybe a cartoon....but I'm not sure which is worthy of my lunch hour viewing.

Some of the finalists though are: the cartoon Beetleguise, Lupin III (yes I like Anime...get over it), Dr. Who (new not old) maybe the A-Team.....suggestions?

No comments: