Monday, April 14, 2008

OK...now I'm LOST..


I really hate myself right now! I decided to take matters into my own hands and get caught up on season four of LOST prior to this weeks new episode....

Only one tiny problem...this weeks episode isn't new! Now I have to wait a full eleven days until the goodness returns.

On the bright side I can now have a conversation about the show with people who have recently decided that they weren't going to talk LOST until I was up-to-date!

To this point of the season I have a few observation: Everything cool about almost everything can, in one form or another, trace back to LOST.

Case in point...Nash Bridges!

Now you may be asking yourself how does a bad (ass) late 90's cop drama connect to LOST...well the answer is two fold. First, and most obviously, is Cheech Marin! Who starred with Don Johnon on Nash Bridges, and had a guest star turn as Hurley's dad....

Second, and more impressivly, is Carlton Cuse, who was a writter and executive producer on both shows! That's right...one of the brilliant minds behind LOST is also one of the Brilliant minds behind Nash Bridges ... Gotta love that!

Point Two...LOST and Air Force One (and Nash Bridges)

Andrew Divoff....he's been playing movie badasses for a long time and I can't help of think that if they feel the need to extend the Die Hard franchise he would be a perfect fit...oh and did I mention he is going to be in the new Indiana Jones movie?

Point Three -- every other fantastic Guest Star...just a few of my favorites:

Zoe Bell -- Small part so far...but she kicked total ass in Death Proof
Billy Dee Williams -- again very small part...but he was playing Billy Dee "Freakin" Williams
Nathan Fillion -- Buffy, Firefly and LOST...my new hero!
Sonya Walger -- Who I first fell in love with while watching Librarian: Quest for the Spear, and I even like her in the American version of Coupling (Abomination that it was)
Jon Gries -- I still want to see The Pretender back on TV in reruns (so I don't have to buy yet another TV series!)
Jeff Fahey -- Enough bad movies to choke a horse (and Nash Bridges too)

Great writing, great acting, and an agonizing Title sequence...Grrr...the good news is that NBC has added an extra Hour to the seson finale. Story

No comments: