Thursday, March 06, 2008

Hey Bubba...

So I got a call from my loving sister last week...not really that strange, we talk alot. But, this call had a purpose.

Debi: "Hey, you're never going to belive what WGN is running ever morning now?!"
ME: "What?"
Debi: "Nash Bridges!!!"
ME: "No Way!"

Basically it goes on in short bursts like that for a while...but that was the meat of the conversation for purposes of here!
Nash Bridges...one of my all time favorite cop drama's is back on TV.

Once it went off the air I was always shocked that it didn't get a heavy rotation of syndication or a DVD release.

I think it was the combination of the action and comedy aspects of this show that has allowed it to stick in my head.

Joe's (Cheech Marin) get rich quick schemes were priceless...including, among the many..the time he bought into part ownership of a bar he had never seen...his partner died...and he finds out that the dive bar is actually a Gay Nightclub Hotspot!

Cheech's outright comedy played well off of Don Johnson's dry wit.

After watching a few episodes the other day I suddenly wanted to bust out my copy of Tin Cup.

I could go on and on...but I won't..mostly because I need to take a break and watch another episode of Lost!

So if you remember the Don Johnson/Cheech Marin/Bright Yellow '71 Cuda action tune in EVERY DAY to WGN for two hours of Nashy goodness..

No comments: