Thursday, March 06, 2008

Oops...

Ok, so I missed my weekly deadline for the D-Bag of the week award yesterday. It just seems that since I have started watching Lost (started Saturday and I am now halfway through season 2) not a lot else has been getting done!

So in the place of the weekly D-Bag award...I have an honorable mention...

Earlier in the week, at work, I got a news release from the Illinois State Police that was pretty funny if you ask me.

So, in order to protect the innocent, or mildly retarded in this case, no names will be used....insert your favorite dumb friend into the story for a nice personal touch.

Seems that a driver was pulled over on I-57 South Bound near Paxton, IL. He was pulled over for being clocked going 138mph in a 65mph zone. A little fast, unless there is a phantom zone on the interstate system in Illinois that has a slightly higher speed zone than ANYWHERE else.

But, the speed isn't what is the best part...in the officers notes section it stated that: "when asked what the rush was, driver ________ responded with "I am on the way to Unofficial St. Patrick's day in Champaign!"

Nothing like telling a cop the reason you were speeding was so that you could get to drinking faster!

On the other hand, could have been worse had it been: "Well, officer, I was on my way BACK from Unofficial....and I really needed to get home fast!"

No comments: