Friday, January 04, 2008

The First Rule of Illegal Downloading....

The First Rule of Illegal Downloading is.....YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT ILLEGAL DOWNLOADING!!

Well, actually everybody talks about it! I just don't think it is a good idea to talk about it when a State Trooper is standing in line behind you!!

Sometimes I forget how stupid people look when talking on hands free head sets! Then someone comes along and reminds me why I only wear/use my Bluetooth in the car.

The other day I was at a gas station at like 12:30am and the guy who was checking out was on his headset talking about the "box full of illegal DVD's" he had in his trunk. Usually this is a subject that you wouldn't want to talk about in public....and never a good idea when there is a cop standing right behind you!

Not sure if anything came out of this little exchange or not? My guess is that at that time of the morning the cop didn't want to deal with the Mountains of paperwork that would come along with a "Illegal DVD Distribution" arrest.

But, this situation reminded me of two things:
1) If you have a TON of illegal ANYTHING in your trunk....don't talk about it!
2) No matter how cool you think you look...a Bluetooth head set makes you look like a Giant Douche (that's coming from someone who, from time to time, wears his headset out in public)

No comments: