Monday, January 28, 2008

Icebreaker (Drug) Pacs?

Hershey's is now in full damage control mode after announcing that they will no longer be producing their "Pacs" line of breath fresheners.

The main concern with the product is the fact that it resembles "nickel" bags of meth.

Now I was sceptic about how much a candy breath freshener could look like street drugs! Until I found the candy on the shelf of my local gas station....
At first glance there seems to be no problems with the packaging.

Really the only problem I saw with picking up this item is the fact that I had to shell out $2.49 for 18 "pacs"

So I tore into the outer wrapper and got to the source of the complaints.

Now I am not a "drug guy" I haven't really had a wide exposure to that type of culture. I know people who use, but they know that I don't and so the subject never really comes up when I am around....but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see why parents and law enforcement officials are up in arms!!!

I am not the brightest bulb in the pac....but that does look a whole hell of a lot like a nickel back of funk...err...drugs.

I now understand the problems that could arise from this product being widely available...BUT....

If your main argument is that a child could ingest a bag of meth or some other drug thinking that it is one of these Icebeaker "Pacs"......there are bigger problems going on in THAT house then mistaking drugs for candy...like the fact that there are drugs around!!

According
to the article linked at the top of this blog... Hershey's is going to see through the product they have produced...then that's all she wrote!

The real sad thing is that this is really a good product! The cool mint is great and the Orange flavor is better than average!

No comments: