Saturday, February 02, 2008

Heath Ledger Drug Video Hits Net

So, while the Insider and Entertainment Tongiht have decided to not air the Heath Ledger "Drug Video" It has made it's way to the internet.

I wasn't sure that I wanted to watch it at first. But, I will tell you that I am glad that I did.

The whole "Hollywood Drug Party" tag is a bit misleading. There are, from what I saw, three other people in the room. Two of the guys do a line of what looks like Coke off of a table in front of Heath. There is also a girl in the room who is talking to Heath at the time.

"I used to Smoke 5 joints a day for 20 Years." seems to be the line that keeps getting played over and over in the media....to bad the full line from Heath is, "I used to smoke like 5 joints a day for 20 years...and that is a reminder that I never want to do that again." (in response to the girl asking him what a tattoo/mark on his hand is?)

As for the, "I am going to catch so much shit from my girlfriend for being here." line.... while the audio isn't top notch it seems that what he says after that is that he is going to catch shit since he isn't home with Michelle and his daughter (who was three months old at the time of the video).

To me I understand why the Hollywood community has rallied around the family to get this video to be shelved. But, on the other hand I think those actions have caused more misconceptions on what is in the video.

Also, if you ask me...it seems that the whole "party" was a set up to get Heath, then Acadamy Award Nominated, in a room with drugs so that someone could make a little money. The video is shot from outside the hotel, through a window that wasn't fully open...but was open just enough for the conversation inside to be heard by the camera.

In the end I would say it is a lot to do about nothing. The whole situation has gotten out of control.....judge for yourself by following the link at the top to view the 8min video.

No comments: