Sunday, April 10, 2011

Random Movie thoughts

Random thoughts while watching a few movies and tv shows this week along with reading a few articles on-line.

1. Geena Davis needs to get another good role! -- I really missed the bad ass Geena Davis. I don't care what the critics say, The Long Kiss Goodnight was a fun movie. Cutthroat Island....not so much. For fun though check out this look back from Den of Geek.

2. On Joan Jett's brief appearance in Repo! The Genetic Opera -- She looks pretty damn good for a 53 year old Rock Goddess!

3. Arthur's being remade!! -- This one both saddens me greatly and makes me really happy. Dudley Moore was a comic genius. The original Arthur, along with Arthur II on the rocks and Wholy Moses are some of my favorite comedies of all time. Russell Brand is an acquired taste. From what I have seen in the previews and interviews...this could be great. I loved him in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get Him to the Greek. His stand up kinda does nothing for me. But, I will reserve judgement until I see the movie this weekend.

4. Sequel to Monster, Inc is coming in 2013 -- All I need to say about this is... HELL YES!! More Mike and Sully? Yes Please (plus any world where Billy Crystal is still making movies, animated or not, is a better world)

5. When Harry Met Sally 2 --  Just watch...then see above comment.

6. I now officially hate MTV  with every fiber of my soul...and it all has to do with this news release (I hate them so much...I'm not even going to type the words!)

7. Hop took in more in it's first weekend than Sucker Punch as to date...makes me kinda worried for Superman!

8. Diary of a Wimpy Kid has taken in almost $10 million more than Sucker Punch...makes me kinda worried for Superman!

9. Back for another Den Of Geek story that has me excited -- Taken 2 Finds is director, and Maggie Grace is back.

10. Bill & Ted 3?? -- Still undecided about this one. Keanu has stated that he thinks there is still a story there to be told. Me...I'm not too sure. One thing I know is that, San Dimas High Football Rules, the movie will not be the same without George Carlin.

No comments: