Monday, April 11, 2011

Ugh...

So...for some reason the power went out at the house last night.  Apparently that was the straw that broke my external hard drives back.

The Western Digital drive was about three years old. But, that is 750gb of data that I won't be getting back anytime soon.  I had a lot of the data backed up on other drives that weren't plugged in at the time. Mostly I lost my iTunes library. But, since I no longer own most of the CD's that are in the library I took precautions to double back that up.  So all that was really lost was a crap ton of downloaded movies and music videos. Most of which were taken from movies I already own so, while a process, I can get that back.

Right now I just have the drive plugged into a different port on my computer hoping for signs of life to the point where I can back up the most important files to my computer hard drive for a transfer to another, as yet to be purchased, hard drive.

Suck......

No comments: