Thursday, March 17, 2011

Crazy unproductive...

Best part of not doing a NCAA March Madness bracket...being able to enjoy the crazy upsets and random stories of the tourney.

In the past I've gone a little crazy with March Madness. Well...crazy is a relative term I guess. I would go so far as to say that at one point I may have been closing in on Charlie Sheen levels of crazy. Granted that was college and what else is a guy going to do but fill out like 40 different brackets between classes, friends, online, family, coworkers, friends of friends...etc! It was out of control.

But, over the last few years I have narrowed it down to maybe 1 bracket if I find the time (1-2min) to fill it out online. Thankfully that has allowed me to be able to enjoy the last few years of games without having a aneurysm when there is an upset that will knock me out of the money round somewhere. Believe me, when you do upwards of 20 brackets at a time....every game has the ability to "take you out of the money".

This year has already been marked by a few upsets...most notably being Louisville losing in the first round. Which did kill the one bracket that I was doing! But, lucky for me it was on Facebook and there was no money involved.

You know what else comes with no bracket? More time spent working and less time spent watching ESPN score tracker or CBSsportsline.com!!  The most time I will lose to the tournament this year will be on my days off and the one half day of work I put in for so that I could watch Illinois play tomorrow!

I-L-L             I-N-I     

Go orange and blue!!

No comments: