Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Work from Home....

So, I may have the opportunity to start working from home in the near future. But, I am a little unsure about if I want to make this kind of change!?

I'm a big fan of Pro -vs- Con so I thought I'd just put this out there as a list.

Work from Home PRO's:

No travel time means more time to sleep!
No travel distance means less money spent on gas!
Working from home means No Dress Code (take that one how you want!)
During the summer I can go to my parents house less than a mile away to take a swim on my lunch hour!
During the summer, and other times really, I can go to the Gym during my lunch hour rather than having to go when i get off work at 12:30am!
Probably would spend a lot less on food since I wouldn't find myself eating a few meals a week out!

Work from Home CON's:

Wouldn't get face to face time with leadership and coach's.
Wouldn't get to see work peeps with the exception of once a month
When the dog barks he may not stop for a LONG time.
Would really need to invest a little money in office furniture type objects...like a desk, chair, Cat 6 cable to connect to internet!
Seems that work from home computers have a tendency to get "buggy" and I already get frustrated enough when my desktop goes down!

Everyone who works from home seems to love it. There is almost never a request to return from work at home to working back in the office. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do or what to look for if I do decide to take the leap and request the move home?

No comments: