Friday, March 04, 2011

Random Quotes on/about Baseball...

I feel safe in saying that the MLB season has officially started. Pitchers and catchers have reported. Games have been played. My dad has tickets to the All-Star Game (and Weekly activities). So with that in mind I started to think about great quotes about Baseball, from baseball players, or just referencing baseball.

Here are my personal favorites.

"How did that conversation go from you talking about your vibrator, to him talking about baseball?" -- Yours truly (very proud of this one!)

"I'm too much speed in my mouth!" -- Ricky Henderson, on why he says the crazy things his does.

"The day I become a good loser, I'm quitting baseball. I always had a temper. I think it's nothing to be ashamed of. If you know how to use it, it can help. Temper is something the good Lord gave me and I can't just throw it out the window." - Billy Martin in the Sporting News (10/26/1968)

For the next few they are all the gems of a great man. Catcher and quote machine Yogi Berra:

"All pitchers are liars or crybabies."
"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."
"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did."
"Baseball is ninety percent mental, the other half is physical."
"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."
"So I'm ugly. So What? I never saw anyone hit with his face."

Move quotes about baseball:

A good friend of mine used to say, 'This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.' Think about that for a while." -- Bull Durham

"There are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary. And there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." -- Bull Durham


"The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again" -- Field of Dreams

Serrano: "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." .
Haris: "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?"" -- Major League

Needless to say....I am so glad it's baseball season again!  Go Cubs!

No comments: