Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nutter Radio

God Bless AM radio!!

AM radio...especially late night AM radio is by far the best form of free entertainment. Nothing beats a no holds barred call in show that is on at like 12:30-4:00am. This is when you can hear what the "local expert" has to say about everything from: your favorite sports teams, to the hot political debate of the day.

Then you have my personal favorite of all late night programs: Coast to Coast AM with your host George Noory  Never has there been a finer collection of crack-pot theories, absolute wack-jobs and truly interesting discussions.

On the show you will hear "experts" talk about everything from the global impact of the Gulf Oil Spill and the Japanese Tsunami to UFO sightings, Ghost hunting and Mayan doomsday predictions. Then you get a few hours of callers either on topic or calling in on the "Wild Card Line" where anything goes!!

The best part of the show is that George is the most even keeled, honest, respectful host I have ever heard. I really don't know how much of the topics on the show that he personally believe. But, he has never talked down to a guest or caller, belittled a point of view, or laughed at someone.

What really gets me laughing is that out here in Phoenix he is on 550am KFYI (a Fox radio station). The slogan for KFYI is "Fair and balanced"....I guess there is some truth in advertising. At least George fits that bill. Not sure if the same can be said for Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh or most of the other show hosts!

Keep going George. I love the fact that one day I am sitting in my car mocking and laughing at people's crazy ass stories. I said that George never mocks...I on the other hand mock the crap out of most of these people! The next day I am amazed at what I am actually learning. Either way I remember what is said...and that's the mark of a good entertainer.

No comments: