Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm done!! (AKA another one of those days)

So I think I am going to call it a day! I'm done interacting with people!

The day started off with a misunderstood post on Facebook...which is understandable. Context is big and the written word alone can be misconstrued. Hence the reason we are still debating the true meaning behind great old songs, book, poems, and even artwork out of context is open to interpretation. No worries...

But seriously I think every person, with the exception of my father, that I talked to today didn't know I was speaking the same language as them!

Case in point--when I went to see True Grit (great movie) with my dad the lady at the concession stand wouldn't take no for an answer when I said that I didn't need any candy with my drink. Now that could have been the fact that her job is to sell me things that I don't need. But, in the grand scheme of the day it was just the first (or second depending on when you start counting) of many miscommunications of the day...

I submit for your review my next example.... So I run to the gas station to drop a few bucks into the tank while I have cash and gas is under $3 a gallon. So I tell the cashier I want $10 on 2...he says okay $50 on 1! Where the hell did he get that? Say the two out loud to yourself. Even with a lisp I bet you can't make one sound like other! When I corrected him he gave me that, "don't pretend like you didn't just say $50 on 1" look to me. As I am standing there with a $10 bill in hand!

So I shake that off and head over to CVS Pharmacy to pick up my prescription that is ready. I walk up to the counter that is clearly marked Prescription pick-up...and state "I need to pick up a prescription for James" and the lady just stared at me like I was on fire or had asked her to sell me her first born child! Seriously people I realize I don't have perfect grammar and all but fuck me if I can't have a normal conversation!

I think it was at that point that I decided to document my day just in case someone points out to me later that I am actually a raving nutter. Now...with that done I am going to crawl into my bed and watch some TV and try not to talk to anyone for the rest of the day.

If you do talk/twitter/text/Facebook me and I seem aloof it's not my fault...I blame you! Just kidding *no really it's you* (shakes head no) *I'm serious it's you not me* (shakes head no) yes...no...yes..no........

1 comment: