Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Looking back at 2010 (the year that was)

Well...it's funny that I decided to look forward to 2011 before looking back at 2010. But, that's just how scattered my brain is at times.

Not a whole lot to report for this last year. I wish I could say I had a ton of exciting adventures, made a lot of money, met the love of my life, quit my job to focus on a passion or made a contribution to something that helped better mankind in some way.... 0-5 *bummer*

That's not to say that it wasn't a great year!

I did: get a new job (not by choice) that led me to meet some great new friends! I got out more than in years past, tried new things, made another road trip to Joshua Tree CA (which is hopefully going to be a yearly event), was able to take my best friend and his wife to the Grand Canyon and just sit and watch the sunset, I've had my eyes and ears opened up to a ton of new movies/music/books and more!

I was also able to watch my father fulfill a dream he has had for many years when he got his first novel "Growing Up Doughnut" published...and people bought it!! Go pops!

I finally joined a gym after months and months (11 to be exact) of talking about it and not doing anything. I got a fair amount of books read - none of which would qualify as literary masterpieces (except yours dad!!). I was able to see a MLB game and an NFL game in person for the first time in probably 10 years...too bad I don't care about Phoenix Suns basketball!!

So while it wasn't an earth moving 2010 it was a year made up of many little joys in the people and events that filtered through my narrative. I wouldn't change a single situation or event of this last year. They are what made me the person I am going into 2011 and they are stepping stones to be used to build a fantastic new year.

Hopefully next year at this time I'm talking about the adventures, love, money etc that filled up 2011...but really if it's like 2010 I won't be disappointed.

No comments: